Update to the Big Rains Coming | Weather
AS we discussed in last night's blog ( HEAVY RAIN COMING ) we are going into a blocking pattern that will persist through the weekend. That means that we will have several periods of heavy rain startling late tomorrow night. We could see 2 more waves of rain that come out Friday through Saturday!
The Model DIfferences
The differences in the computer models is a bit off in terms of locations, but not so much on the fact that there will be very heavy rain in parts of the state. The bullsey of heavy rain will be located in central N Georgia most likely just south of I-20, but as you can see from the different models one of them puts it right over Atlanta! I am thinking that just south of the metro will be the location that has the most rain. We could be talking about 3-5 inches in 2 days, flooding is likely.
More updates to come.
Remember I am always tracking the weather on my facebook page, come join the 13,000+ fans that get all kinds of weather and other stuff: MIKE'S FACEBOOK PAGE. You can also follow me on twitter: MIKE'S TWITTER PAGE.
Top Wiz Army Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “Wild, Wooly, & Wonderful” puppets at the Center for Puppetry Arts
- Girl With A Pearl Earring makes first southeast appearance
- Former Grady Hospital employee indicted for embezzlement
- Salvation Army helps metro Atlanta beat the heat
- Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat comes to life at the Center for Puppetry Arts