10th Warmest Year For Georgia | Weather
The National Climatic Data Center has been compiling weather data for 118 years, and the numbers for 2012 are now out. It seems we had our 10th driest year on record here in Georgia (see image above). This was not the case for the whole country. Washington State had its 4th wettest year on record, and Oregon had their 11th wettest year. It wasn’t just along the west coast either. Louisiana, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, and Maine were also above normal for rainfall last year. Wyoming and Nebraska however, had their driest year ever on record. New Mexico had its 2nd driest, and Colorado had its 4th driest. A total of 21 other states were below normal (including Georgia).
We also had our 10th warmest year on record. It could have been worse; 19 states had their absolute warmest year on record (see image below). Unlike the rainfall totals map, the general trend across the country was hot, way hot. Only Washington and Oregon had colder than average temperatures than Georgia did (and we had our 10th warmest year)!
Top Wiz Army Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “Wild, Wooly, & Wonderful” puppets at the Center for Puppetry Arts
- Girl With A Pearl Earring makes first southeast appearance
- Former Grady Hospital employee indicted for embezzlement
- Salvation Army helps metro Atlanta beat the heat
- Dr. Seuss’s The Cat in the Hat comes to life at the Center for Puppetry Arts