Atlanta Weather | Freeze Watch Tonight Could Hurt Tender Plants | News
Temps are starting off mild with rain this morning, but a cold front pushing through the area will drop our temps down this afternoon and tonight. Temps will be falling into the low 30s for overnight lows and therefore a Freezing Watch is in effect for this evening through Tuesday morning. Temps could remain below freezing in and around the watch area from midnight to 10am Tuesday. The cold air could damage or kill tender plants.
Here are a few tips to help you:
1. Bring potted plants indoors.
2. If you can’t bring them in, apply a layer of mulch (2 to 3 inches thick)
3. Cover your plants. Old blanket, drop cloth or tarp.
4. Build a cold frame or green house around plants.
5. Water your plant to help keep the heat better than dry soil.
6. Use a heat source like a 100 watt light bulbs.
7. Choose plants that are suited to your climate.