Last weekend of roadwork until 2015 | News
(WXIA) -- Drivers in the Atlanta area: Just make it through this weekend, and then you'll get a much-needed break.
The Georgia Department of Transportation said it will suspend all construction-related lane closures from Dec. 23 to Jan. 2.
Until then, many of the usual areas will see crews hard at work through next Monday morning.
As always, all work is weather permitting. A complete list of closures and possible delays can be found at 511ga.org.
* Two eastbound lanes of I-20 will be closed for about one mile past Six Flags Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday for bridge joint and header replacement.
* One northbound lane of I-85 will be closed between two miles south of Highway 14 and McCollum-Sharpsburg Road from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for barrier wall setting.
* Two westbound lanes of I-20 will be closed between McDaniel and Langhorn streets from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for bridge joint repairs.
* Lanes in both directions of I-285 will be closed between the I-85 interchange and Washington Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for sign structure work.
* One northbound lane and one shoulder lane of Ga. 400 will be closed between Peachtree and Old Ivy roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
* One southbound lane of Ga. 400 will be closed between I-285 and the Glenridge Connector Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day for cable installation.
* One northbound lane of I-85 will be closed between Pleasantdale Road and Jimmy Carter Boulevard from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. nightly for work on the Diverging Diamond Interchange.