Atlanta Weather | Snow Spotters Needed | News
Another cloudy and dreary day on tap. A short wave moving through the area will bring a slight chance of showers through the day. Stays cool. Highs will be in the 50s. The sunshine will return Thursday and temperatures will respond. Look for highs to get back into the low 60s. We will hold on to the sunshine for the rest of the week as highs approach 70 by the weekend.
What to be a snow spotter for the National Weather Service? Here’s your chance. The National Weather Service in Peachtree City is looking for people in North and Central GA to send in snow reports. In an effort to increase real time snow reports during and after snow events, the NWS is looking to receive quality snowfall reports which can be sent online, and social media. The reports will be displayed on the NWS website. Along with reporting snowfall, spotters will be asked to report events listed here:
- Change in precipitation type (rain to snow, snow to freezing rain, etc)
- Snow Accumulation of 1 inch or more
- Heavy Snowfall Rate (example: snowing at 1 inch per hour)
- Significant Blowing or Drifting snow
- If the snow, ice, or blowing snow is having a major impact on travel
- If what is occurring is not what is in the forecast
If you are interested you, will need take advantage of FREE training. You can learn more about becoming a snow spotter by logging onto www.wakeupwithChesley.com.