Yesterday, a little snow fell across much of North GA, and that is significant because snow is November is somewhat rare. Here are a few stats about November snow from the National Weather Service:
- 0.4 inches of snow was recorded on 11/27 (2013) – this was only the 3rdtime
measureable snow was observed in the month since 1930!
- 2 other years with measureable amounts: 1968 (1.0 inch on 11/11) and 1975 (0.6
inches on 11/23)
- Including 2013, only 4 years have had at least a trace of snow in the last 38 years!
- Since 1930, only 20 years have had at least a trace of snow
- The last year any snow was reported was a trace in 2011